In browser settings, Cookies can be accepted or blocked on a per web site basis, and those cookies can be made active or inactive.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Under the details icon in the upper right corner of the screen, click on “Settings”.
- Click the “Advanced” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Privacy and Security area, click on “Content Settings”.
- Edit the “Cookie” settings.
- To allow both first party and third party cookies, select “Allow Local Data Settings”.
- To block all cookies, select “Block all data settings from sites”. If you set this, you will be unable to use most sites that require a login.
- To allow first party cookies but block third party cookies, check the box next to “Block site data from third parties”. If this is set, even is you add a site to an exception list to allow cookies, it may still be impossible to read and write site data.